Saturday, December 27, 2014

365 Project - Day 57

These days, melancholy moments come fairly easily. I look at my 17 year old son, a senior in high school, and think, "this time next year ...," or "this is the last time, we will ..." I try to savor much. At the same time, however, it is difficult to imagine the change. I cannot comprehend how he grew to this age. Just a moment ago, I was pushing him on a swing in Texas. It makes no sense to me that he will be graduating from high school.

I glanced over at the piano the other day and noticed that this song was sitting on top of the music stack. My heart sank. "I'll be home for Christmas." How appropriate - next year, we will be discussing when he'll be coming home. He loves to play the piano and I will miss that music in my house when he leaves for school. I added one of our special ornaments from our time in France when he was in 1st and 2nd grade to complement this photo.

As you can likely tell by the shadows, this was taken without flash. I simply leveraged the existing lights in the music room.

Holiday Wishes!

Today's Photo: "A Child Grows"



"Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
35mm
f/1.8
1/45

No comments:

Post a Comment