Thursday, December 11, 2014

365 Project - Day 43

"If you don't have garbage, you have nothing to use in order to make compost. And if you have no compost, you have nothing to nourish the flower in you." Thich Nhat Hanh

Ah hah! I thought as I read this on my Facebook this morning. We must embrace our compost, our messiness, our garbage. It is that, after all, which makes life interesting, exciting, and beautiful. Something I know very well!

I finally took out my flash for this round of flower photos. I placed the flash off camera about a foot to the left of the flowers and bounced the flash to the left as well, no diffuser, no gels. I used a white foam board to manage the reflection and minimize shadows. I was no more patient with this round of grocery flower picks than the last. I just received a coupon for flowers, however, from an online delivery service. I'm anxious to try something more exotic than the grocery bunch my lovely husband selects.

Now that I am having so much fun with these flower photos, I'm starting to get the itch to do more macro work. I have added a macro lens to my growing wish list. If only money really did grow on trees.

Best wishes !

Today's Photo: "Moonlight Melody"



"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have." Eckhardt Tolle



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
50mm
f/11
1/60 (off camera speed light)

No comments:

Post a Comment