Friday, December 26, 2014

365 Project - Day 56

Wahoo! My cast is off! The cast removal process is remarkable. I was fiddling with my iPhone as the medical team prepared. Horrified that it kept telling me that I could not take a picture because the storage was full and barely hearing a voice saying, "blah, blah, blah, don't worry about this tool. We only use it to cut off the cast. blah blah blah" I'm frantically trying to delete things on my phone. "It cannot cut skin. So do not be alarmed. Some people get a little freaked out," she went on. Meanwhile, I'm deleting, deleting. Still no room on my phone. She continues, "just be still and be sure you do not flinch." Then I hear the drill and look up! Whoa, woman! Why is there a circular drill on my leg? Perhaps, this whole 365 Project got away from me in this moment and I should have been paying attention! I nearly passed out while she pressed that drill on my cast. I thought to myself, "now what was it she said? It really cannot cut my skin? OWWW - breathe, breathe, breathe!"

When I settled down, there were no scrapes, no scratches, but also no pictures and the cast was in the trash! My leg looked like it had been in a goth cocoon and I was back to frantically deleting photos as I asked my husband to dig my cast out of the trash. "Say what?" He said. But alas, he did it anyway. I had terrific news from the doc: though it isn't visually appealing, my leg is healing well and I can begin to put the tiniest bit of weight on it, 25lbs. Also, I may be off crutches in 4-6 weeks which is way ahead of the last schedule he gave me!

If I'm truly candid, my primary concern now is - have I learned the lessons I was supposed to learn during this time? These are the thoughts in my crazy little head.

Today's Photo: "Strength Renewed"



"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31


EXIF: Apple iPhone 5C
ISO 50
33mm (translated)
f2.4
1/40

No comments:

Post a Comment