Wednesday, December 24, 2014

365 Project - Day 53

One of my favorite things about the holiday season is the various children's Christmas Concerts. I am enjoying them more this year than ever. I am more fully in the moment, relaxed, listening to the words, watching the kids and absorbing each individual experience without preoccupation. I believe that is the combination of both my retirement and "lessons learned from the fall." I need to be practice - no not practice - but be more mindful. I encourage it. I thoroughly enjoyed the shows!

All of the kids did such a nice job performing at the Sabrina's Encore Productions student event this year. My younger son sang "White Christmas" including Irving Berlin's original lyrics that are rarely sung. Everyone appreciated having a proper understanding of the song and, of course, he is a thorough storyteller:
"The sun is shining, the grass is green,
The orange and palm trees sway.

There's never been such a day
in Beverly Hills, L.A.
But it's December the twenty-fourth,—

And I am longing to be up North ..."

My eldest son, the more dramatic one wanting to tell the tougher side of truth and tug on everyone each time he sings, sung "Christmas Shoes". Leaving many a mom and some of the kids, both boys and girls, in a heap of tears.

They were both fantastic. I had awesome seats for sound that were terrible for photographs. I recorded each of their sessions on video as usual. Then snapped this photograph after the show while everyone was mingling. You see, a gal with a cast is no good at mingling, so there's plenty of time for me to look for an opportunity to grab a photograph. I chose this one of the combination of the poinsettia with the piano in the background as a nice, subdued symbol of the music and beauty of the Christmas season.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes!

Today's Photo: "Merry Melody"



From "Christmas Shoes" by Alabama
"I knew I'd caught a glimpse of heaven's love as he thanked me and ran out
I knew that God had sent that little boy to remind me what Christmas is all about"



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 1000
35mm
f2.4
1/45





No comments:

Post a Comment