Wednesday, December 24, 2014

365 Project - Day 52

Holy Smokes! I've gotten so far behind in my blog that I had to rely on my photo dates to determine which pic comes next! The reason for the delay? 70 young people and their head shots. I did not want this project weighing on me through the holidays. This is the first Christmas in 32 years that I have been entirely work free and I didn't need to muck that up with a photo project, much as I love it! So, it is finished! I am now free to fully enjoy and embrace my family! So excited. Whew that was a lot of work ... now back to the photo of the day a few days ago.

I have been eying this sword as it stands propped up against the deep red wall in our family room for some time. Many days I think, "I really want to capture that. Humph - I'll have to try some time." And then just as quickly the urge is gone and I move on. I was determined on this day to succumb and start a journey with the sword and the wall. The sword is quite heavy and I do not have the mobility I need to get creative, but once I heal from my broken leg, I expect to develop a unique dynamic between the sword and the wall.

For now, this simple red - on - red will serve as my starting point. This was a quick photo taken using my on camera flash. I was in a tight space at the time, between my couch and the wall, without the ability to back up to bring the full sword into view and without a tripod on hand to leverage slower shutter speed. For selfish reasons, I chose not to increase the ISO above 400. Lots of opportunity for improvement and that's a good thing.

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes!

Today's Photo: "Passion's Sword"


“When love beckons to you, follow him, though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.” Kahlil Gibran



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 800
50mm
f1.8
1/250 (on camera flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment