Wednesday, December 10, 2014

365 Project - Day 42

Why is the end of the year is so crazy? Christmas shopping, cards, insurance decisions, school events and more all before the year ends. It's a wonder we don't all go a little bit crazy each year end. All that is to say - Oops, though I took the photo on time, my blog is behind!

For this photo, I was looking around my home for something interesting and different to shoot as a still life photo. I pulled together several objects for this treasure. I'm not exactly sure why, but I have a box filled with masks, some porcelain, some feathered and some bedazzled! There are also hooks packed with the masks. I clearly had planned to display them, I believe in our guest bathroom, but never got around to it. The first few photos were with two masks, but the scene was crowded. This one, while simpler, is more intense. I collected the stones with my boys somewhere near the Grand Canyon and the coins are from my travels around the world. Sorry to disappoint - they are not real pirate booty! The light is natural morning light from a large second story window. This is just a fun photograph.

Today's Photo: "Masquerade Treasures"



I have a slightly lighter version of this photo. I could not decide which was better. I like the intrigue in this one, but you can see more detail in the other. Happy to have your comments.

Thanks and best wishes!

"I would rather die of passion than of boredom." Vincent Van Gogh



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
50mm
f/4
1/8

No comments:

Post a Comment