Thursday, December 18, 2014

365 Project - Day 49

My lovely husband was shopping at Costco the other day, walked past the flower stand and thought of me. Well trained, right? He walked in with a bouquet of the most interesting flowers in bright pink, bright orange and a bluish purple color. Not a combination I would have expected, but definitely eye catching. I have been so busy with Christmas and other projects for the 365 that I actually forgot about this bouquet, though. In fact, we did not put them in water for the first 24 hours.

I initially tried photographing the variety of flowers against a white backdrop and then switched to this dark blue wall. I then placed 1 stem of each color in a vase to photograph separately. While I like the trio of flowers and the radiant mix, I preferred this singular stem. I chose this photo, because I like the subtle mix and blend of the blues with both the flower and the background. The change in temp and tint is attractive to me. This was photographed with the camera on a tripod and the speed light off camera, bouncing off the ceiling angled slightly toward the flowers.

I do wish I had more of the leaves in front in focus, but it is still my fave of the day!

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: "I thirst for you"


"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment