Saturday, December 27, 2014

365 Project - Day 58

I had several Christmas photos of our fully decorated tree (finally!) to choose from for today. I am most excited about this second attempt at a holiday lights bokeh effect. This time I shot further away to illuminate the shape of the tree, incorporate more lights and include the star on top. In post processing, I opened up the shadows and softened the lights by taking both contrast and clarity negative.

I believe this is a special photograph and I am pleased with the results. The one funny thing is that the star looks quite large, but I love that it is brighter and brings in different colors. The star adds unique charm to the photo.

I considered breaking the rules and posting more than one photo, but I like this one enough to go with it for the day. Holiday wishes!

Today's photo: "Christmas Glory"



"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"
Luke 2:13-14




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 800
35mm
f1.8
1/45

No comments:

Post a Comment