Monday, December 29, 2014

365 Project - Day 60

I enjoy black and white photography. It is how I got started with film media when I was a teenager and I have never forgotten the feel of looking at photographs I had taken and developed myself: the educated guess at the camera's technical features / settings; the smell of our laundry room converted into a dark room; the tedious, but exciting work of watching the photo come alive from the negative. It is fitting, then, that my day 60 photo is a black and white. I wanted something dramatic as the creative, regardless of content, and I wanted this to be more about my approach to the craft.

I took several photos with my SB700 on camera and in a variety of positions. I have been working on getting more comfortable with flash and had fun moving the head around. The flash position that offered the greatest depth and variance of shadows was with the flash bouncing off the wall behind me, but slightly to the left (large due to how I was holding the camera, more than an elaborate plan!).

Happy Holidays!

Today's Photo: "Elegance in Light and Shadows"



"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see."
Martin Luther King, Jr.



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
75mm (70-200mm f/2.8)
f/2.8
1/250 (on camera speed light)




No comments:

Post a Comment