Friday, December 12, 2014

365 Project - Day 45

Snow! The late afternoon and evening snowfall was gentle and beautiful. My younger son jumped in the car after the holiday show and immediately checked his school cancellation app. "60% odds of cancellation tomorrow, woohoo!," he exclaimed. What he received instead was a 2 hour delay and he seemed content with that. My husband urged me to photograph the snow at 11PM and cheat on the next day's photos. I can't say I blame him, the late night scene outside our front door was fantastic, but I was way too tired to focus and besides, I had already completed my 365 Project for the day. Yes, perhaps, a true artist would not have missed such an opportunity. Seriously, though, I was really tired.

I went out to take photos before eating breakfast the next day. Oddly, I was determined to take them using the 1.4x teleconverter on my 70-200mm f2.8 lens. I suppose I wanted to check out both devices. Still not convinced my telephoto lens survived my break and not happy with the first round of photos I took with the teleconverter. Years ago when I had more time to take photos, I used teleconverters often with my Nikon FE2. I actually forgot about them when I returned to photography a few months ago. I'm still nurturing my skills and not 100% satisfied with the 1.4x results, but can't put my finger on the problem.

I confess this session was a physical challenge. I photographed from our front porch, while leaning on one of the posts. I asked my husband to come back and get me in 10 minutes to help me back inside. (It was cold outside and he was not interested in waiting alongside me.) My camera was heavy and I was unstable whether leaning on the post or on my crutches. I could not get comfortable and it felt like a futile exercise. I was finished and counting the minutes, long before my husband returned! I thought about sitting on the wet porch to wait for his return. When he did return, I was not sure I had the energy to hop back inside the house. Oh the endless joys of my broken leg!

Today's Photo: "Life's Remarkable Adventure"



"Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny." C. S. Lewis



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
105mm (70-200mm f2.8)
f/4
1/350

No comments:

Post a Comment