Saturday, December 13, 2014

365 Project - Day 46

New toys always bring me joy and discovering them with my children double the fun. I keep turning down opportunities to shoot head shots. Well, I finally succumbed and agreed to a rather large gratuitous piece of work, but this falls in the core of what I love to do. More about that later as the session is tomorrow. I have been studying a variety of lighting configurations and finally settled on the combination of my SB-700 speed light as a filler and a Paul C Buff Einstein E640 as the key light. My son and I played around with these lights to sort out the details given the small space we have tomorrow. He hates to have his picture taken, but obliged me with many uneasy expressions as we sorted out how to coordinate the strobes.

This Einstein Flash Unit is fabulous. I've spent 2 days playing around with it and am anxious for the "live" session tomorrow. I will be taking headshots of loads of children from the ages of 5 - 18. I will use only the speed light shooting through a Westcott umbrella with the small children and the fancier combination with the older kids. Wish me luck!

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: "Brilliant !"




"The Lord will work out His plans for my life" Psalm 138:8

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." Lao Tzu




EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
50mm
f1.8
1/60

No comments:

Post a Comment