Sunday, December 28, 2014

365 Project - Day 59

Photographing one of our violins has been on my project list for awhile. I decided to take the opportunity to combine a photograph of the violin strings with our Christmas tree lights. I was convinced we had a larger violin available for this project. What I found, however, was an empty larger case. I had to settle for a small violin sitting on the piano bench, but I believe this works. I tried a variety of different positions and some of the photos included only white lights and others, like this one, included a variety of colors.

I chose this photograph because I like the in and out focus of the strings. When I look at this, the strings actually appear to be in motion. This shot is handheld and taken with the light available in the room.

I have been hurried when taking my 365 photos this week and this one is no exception. The good news is I still have more than 300 days left to improve!

Holiday wishes!

Today's Photo: "Festive Dancing Strings"



"Silent night, Holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth
Jesus, Lord at thy birth."



EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 800
35mm
f1.8
1/45

No comments:

Post a Comment