Monday, April 6, 2015

365 Project - Day 157

We spent much of this weekend at accepted/admitted college visits for my son. Experiencing this process is interesting. I want him to make the best decision for himself. Yet, I want him to make the best decision. Sometimes, those seem like two different things. The good news is he has promised to make a list of criteria against which he will measure the six colleges to which he has been admitted! It is wonderful to have the blessing of abundance, but time is running out as he must make a decision by May 1st.

Since we were headed to Rochester, NY for one of the visits, I was convinced there had to be a film / camera / photography museum somewhere nearby. My family moaned and groaned at the news that I would force them to another museum. After living several years in Europe and lots of travel to Europe and elsewhere, they are used to my museum excursions so I do not understand their surprise each time it comes up. Nevertheless, I sprung this one on them when they were tired.

I discovered the International Museum of Photography and Film, aka the George Eastman House. With two children who love film and photography, as soon as we walked through the doors, they were hooked. We enjoyed both the museum and the house. And, they took fantastic photos that are now home screen photos on their iPhone 6s.

This is one of my favorite photos from the visit. If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend spending time here. Our only disappointment was that it was too cold to spend time in the gardens surrounding the house. I'm sure they're lovely.

Today's Photo: Celebrating Film!



"Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography." George Eastman

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do in our leisure hours determines what we are." George Eastman







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 800
50mm
f1.4
1/90

No comments:

Post a Comment