Saturday, April 25, 2015

365 Project - Day 176

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy." Guillaume Appollinaire

It's not entirely apparent to me why, but I've had to drag myself away from yellow and blue and as a combination. Wait - could it be my subconscious wresting with its desperate need for sunshine and blue skies? No joke - I only thought of that this very moment, as I was pondering my obsession with yellow and blue.

I am enjoying this still life with these color combinations, channelling sunshine and keeping this photo simple. It is the simplicity in both color and content which improves this photograph's success. Please don't be mistaken, simple is not the same as void or empty. I believe what works in this photo is color repetition in several objects.

"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity and not in the multiplicity of things." Isaac Newton

Best blessings!

Today's Photo: Happiness Captured in Yellow and Blue



"Simplicity, patience, compassion.
These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being.
Patient with both friends and enemies,
you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate toward yourself,
you reconcile all beings in the world.”
Lao Tzu







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 320
50mm
f13
3s


No comments:

Post a Comment