Tuesday, April 21, 2015

365 Project - Day 172

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Well, after a long search, application and acceptance process, we have a final decision. Aidan has selected New York University's Tisch School of the Arts as his college of choice. I admit to being surprised by the decision. As I mentioned the other day, their accepted students event was impressive, but I was not sure it was enough to move NYU to the #1 spot. In fact, I was certain that another college would emerge as the top choice. I am still allowing his decision to sink in.

The big question is did he choose the more challenging path? I believe so. While NYU offers significant opportunity, he will also be a smaller fish in a bigger pond, so to speak. He is considered a scholar, the cream of the crop at the other film schools. Here, he will have to earn this. The good news is: he is ready. I'm thrilled he is stepping into his future.

How often do we take the courage to take a deep breath, square our shoulders, believe in ourselves and step into a bolder future? Ahh - the brazenness of a teen!

I thought I would be sad when this moment occurred. That the reality of Aidan's approaching adulthood would be more than I could bear. Yet, I am holding up better than anticipated. I was teary-eyed during the Weekend on the Square event, which signals a flood when we return in the Fall, but for now, I'm good. Filled more with hope for his future than sadness over the present.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Future Ready



"The more that you read, the more things that you'll know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." Dr. Seuss

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' " Jeremiah 29:11







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f2
1/90





No comments:

Post a Comment