Friday, April 24, 2015

365 Project - Day 175

Yikes - it's snowing again and very, very cold. This truly is the winter that will not end. While I am troubled by this, I am far more stressed about the birds who have no leaves in the trees in which to build their nesting spots! More about that later.

I am trying to find grace and gratefulness in this never-ending winter, but that is a challenge. The good news is there was "a day" when Spring appeared and I went for a walk. I went to a nearby field with paved walkways and strutted my newly bionic leg. It took a moment to restructure my gait from limping to an upright walk, but I found my way and enjoyed both the walk and the fresh air. I can't wait for more opportunities.

The photos below were taken on my walk. The first is of my treasured limbs and the second is a stream I passed during the walk. As I look at this stream, I am reminded of the beauty of the twists and turns of life. Far more joy results from the adventure of an altered path. The shortest distance between two points may be a straight line, I like to say, but you will learn less, love less and laugh less. Where, then, is the beauty in that?

I am also reminded of two things: 1) once again, have I learned all I was to learn during my season of the broken leg or do I still have more to gain and, thus, the weather keeps on? And, 2) this winter, like all agonizing delays, will make the gratification of continuous sunshine so much the sweeter. Both the broken leg and the longest winter appear to be alterations on my path, however, I bet from Heaven, that path looks quite straight.

Best wishes!

Today's Photos: Altered Walk




"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." 2Corinthians 4:16-18




No comments:

Post a Comment