Saturday, April 11, 2015

365 Project - Day 162

I took the vase of flowers outside to photograph since there are no flowers blooming, no trees budding. Perhaps I thought the presence of flowers in the outdoors might make Spring seem real? The day was cool and windy. And I grew colder and colder as I awaited the resting wind before pressing the remote shutter release. It was a tedious exercise, but I was anxious to get outside and desperate for color. I know I am repeating myself when I say this is the winter that will not shove off and allow Spring to finally arrive.

I am impatient for the arrival of springtime. Here are a few of my reasons why, I'm sure you can think of others:
Spring is a time of both sowing and blooming;
I require the rejuvenating effects of sunshine;
I want to fill my lungs full of fresh air;
Spring is symbolic of rebirth and refresh;
I'm tired of being cold ;-)

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: Yearning for Spring


"No Winter lasts forever; no Spring skips its turn." Hal Borland (she whispers, "thank you")






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 320
50mm
f8
1/250




No comments:

Post a Comment