Tuesday, April 14, 2015

365 Project - Day 165

There are 2 things I love about this photograph. The first is that my son is not on an electronic device and the second is that he is working. I also love that he had to get his hands dirty, something he absolutely dislikes. He is now accusing me of breaking child labor laws for making him plant seeds. Such difficult work for a 14 year old!

He planted 72 seeds of a mix of tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, green beans, basil, cumin, oregano and marigolds. While he sees his efforts as hard labor now, I believe he will be excited as the seeds grow. Sowing is a challenge, but necessary to reap the reward. This is the lesson I hope he will learn and keep in his heart.

Best wishes!

Today's photo: To Sow



"The point is this: whoever sows sparingly, will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully, will also reap bountifully." 2Corinthians 9:6

"Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been, I have great faith in a seed. Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders." Henry David Thoreau





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 250
50mm
f4.8
1/9
0






No comments:

Post a Comment