Friday, May 8, 2015

365 Project - Day 189

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

I love tomatoes. I'm pretty sure I have loved them since I was a small child. I can vividly remember eating ketchup sandwiches outdoors in the warm California sunshine when I was in second grade. Oh the joy!

IMHO, there are only a few things better than a perfect tomato. They are rich in color and taste, plump and juicy. Delightful to eat alone and a wonderful complement to other foods. In fact, as good as they are alone, they are a vital ingredient in enhancing the flavor of other dishes. Making them even stronger as an additive.

How many things do you know that are so perfect on their own, yet greatly improve the texture and content of other things when they are a simple addition? What if our role is not to just be good, but to use what gifts we have to simply better the quality of something else?

Now there's something to think about.

Best wishes.

Today's Photo: The Perfect Complement


" 'How can we have more, Jacob?' And, Jacob Answered. 'The only way I can take a breath is by releasing my breath. In order to be more, I must be willing to be less.' " Noah benShea, from Jacob the Baker

"Much is required from those whom much is given, for their responsibility is greater." Luke 12:48






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 200
280mm
f4
1/14

No comments:

Post a Comment