Monday, May 11, 2015

365 Project - Day 192

The squirrels are making me crazy. They have broken the birds' favorite feeder. (Yes I have 2 feeders and a water bottle!) I was distraught earlier today when I discovered the feeder in the photograph below on the ground in pieces. I tried reassembling, worked hard to put it back together with birds circling above my head and swooping past me anxiously awaiting the morning's feed. By midday, however, the squirrels were back on this feeder, snapping it in two. Score 1 point for the squirrels.

Tomorrow, I have 2 new feeders arriving which are supposed to be squirrel-proof. I am worried that squirrel-proof also means the birds won't like them much, but I have new food coming as well. The challenge is that the new food is fruit and nuts, presumably quite tasty for the squirrels and these squirrels are scary-smart.

When not troubled by squirrels, I enjoy the early morning flurry of bird activity. Just like a gathering of family and friends, the birds come and go in a noisy parade. There is no anxiety. Just agreeable coming and going. Larger birds, like cowbirds, are starting to appear, but they seem comfortable at the other feeder and the smaller birds stay closer to this one.

"I have learned that to be with those I like is enough." Walt Whitman

One of the things I enjoy about the photo below is the simple sense of being together. Imagine that taking the time to be present, experiencing life together is important and is enough. Too often we bear the weight of many burdens that either keep us away from family and friends or distract us from being truly in the moment. What would that moment feel like free of burdens and fully present to breathe in the fulness of love and life and grace? That moment is an intentional gift of joy. Vaporizing burdens is difficult on your own - try relinquishing them into the Master's care.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Meet me at the diner for breakfast!



"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."Psalm 94:18-19







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 640
210mm
f4.8
1/1000s


No comments:

Post a Comment