Sunday, May 31, 2015

365 Project - Day 212

Another Headshot Day is finished. I must say, the kids were more prepared today, now that we've been through this together a few times. I, however, was more tired. Unfortunately, we had the normal technical issues that cause delays and increase my anxiety levels, but another 3 hour session is in the books.

For today's photo ... the long awaited AppleWatch has finally arrived! This is truly Christmas in Summer. My son received this watch as a Christmas present knowing that it would take some time, but never imagining it would take as long as it did. When I showed him the shipping box, he ran around he house two times before sitting down down to actually open the box. I love my kids' excitement when they receive their heart's desire. They display an unabashed joy that I hope they will not lose as they grow up.

We talk a lot about gratitude and counting blessings, but this is more. And this crazy joy can be over material and spiritual or intangible things. It is exciting and explosive and all-consuming at the moment you receive it. If you think about joy deeply, however, pure joy is a result of overcoming disappointment, sorrow and/or adversities. We are elated because we have bested the very thing that has beaten us down. And, that is a reason to celebrate. I believe we increase our joy when we appreciate its source. It is a good thing to embrace the cause of our pain, allowing it's evacuation to both deepen and elevate our joy.

Best wishes!

Today's Photo: It's Finally Here!



"When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy." Kahlil Gibran








EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f1.4
1/90s

No comments:

Post a Comment