Monday, May 25, 2015

365 Project - Day 206

I am stunned at the sheer size of the regrowth of my bleeding heart plant. Last Spring I planted a 6" pot and after the never-ending winter, a 3' sprawl has grown in it's place. The plant has a large number of stems and is thriving. It's impressive.

One of the high scoring photographs during our photography club competition this week was of a bleeding heart plant. I typically see these plants beautifully photographed against a pristine white background. I chose to be different. Motivated by the competition photograph, I wanted to try the dark background to see if I could achieve a premium fine art look. I spent quite some time selecting just the right stem - I love the roller coaster look.

I'm happy with this attempt to be unique. While this will sound corny, I am reminded once again that when I try to be fully myself, different and unique, I embark on a journey filled with ups and downs, twists and turns. There are even a few spirals that may leave me hanging upside down, but in the end, I am always better for having been me. IMHO, the black background adds boldness and strength.

The hearts are particularly special today as my father-in-law is in ICU having difficulty breathing. An extra long stem of hearts to send strength and love to his heart.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Strengthened Hearts



"Sing to him. sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice." 1Chronicle 9-10





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f9.5
1/10s

No comments:

Post a Comment