Saturday, May 30, 2015

365 Project - Day 211

Tomorrow is Production Day for an upcoming show and that means Headshot Day for me. Only 45 kids and I have a respectable 3 hours in which to get the job done ;-)

I have been getting my tools and myself together, trying a few new tricks, pulling out my hair and turning some new hairs gray when things aren't coming together. Hey! It's all part of the growth process. The lovely Kyla served as a gracious model once again. Just before finishing up with her, I chose to take a few a portrait shots. This one is a bit in-between portrait and headshot. I needed to crop out the chair she was standing on! And this particular photo took under 5 minutes to edit - naturally she has no blemishes to remove. Basically whatever editing I did was just me messing around and killing time.

I read a professional photographer's blog the other day in which she discussed her nervousness before photo shoots, mentioning that other professionals share the same feelings of anxiety. What a relief! I find headshot sessions to be simultaneously exhilarating and nerve-wracking. I love doing them, but between fretting over preparations and managing through the rapid sessions, I am exhausted by the end. Not too dissimilar from my sales presentations. Even when clients were challenging or downright difficult, I enjoyed meeting with them. And, even when kids blink incessantly, cannot sit still or something goes wrong technically, I'm having a ball.

In either situation, I work hard to fully prepare and over deliver. I am a firm believer that you get what you give. Nature ensures this. If I want to be surrounded by greatness, therefore, I must deliver greatness. Let's keep it really simple: If I am kind, I will get kindness in return. The converse is true, of course, because "every act rewards itself." If I want a smile, I should offer a smile. Yes, this is the Golden Rule. Put it on steroids - assume that if you give far more than is expected, you will get far more than you can imagine! Try it for a week. I'm confident, you'll experience nature's course of events.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Kyla's Portrait



"Do to others what you want them to do for you." Luke 6:31





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 160
50mm
f4.8
1/1250s















No comments:

Post a Comment