Saturday, May 9, 2015

365 Project - Day 190

"That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!" Bill Watterson

I am exhausted. That exhaustion is due to a combination of stress and pure tiredness. Yesterday, we celebrated my son's 18th birthday. Rather than a grand celebration at home, I anguished over a trip into the city for dinner and theater with some of his closest friends. I worked all the planning and suffered all the worrying. And, if I am completely honest with myself, my ambition was to deliver a euphoric experience for my son and his friends. Not over the top, but a whole lot of fun!

In these situations, I find myself worrying, carrying far more anxiety than is necessary. I pray for God's blessings and grace and still I am restless, never really letting go. Such that by the time evening twilight arrives the following the next day, I am drenched in fatigue.

I believe I have an important lesson to learn from 2 perspectives. The first aligns with the photo below. I took this just after sunset using only the last remaining natural light through the window. I wanted to understand the effects of the slightest evening light. Could I salvage that light as a source of energy to create a unique and worthy photograph?

The second, similarly, before I exhaust all of my strength, I must let go and let God. Asking for his assistance and not allowing it is a silly way to live. Imagine instead if I could reclaim my own strength by letting His light create a unique and worthy image through me.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: Twilight Fruit



"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30






EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f5.6
8s

No comments:

Post a Comment