Thursday, May 28, 2015

365 Project - Day 209

We went on a small family walk on Memorial Day. I told the family that there would be a short walk from the car to the park where there was a gazebo and nice flowers. I made it sound like a simple opportunity to get outside and have some fun. Ten minutes in, I repeatedly heard, "Mom, you said the distance was the length of a football field." Okay, I misjudged a little, but for goodness sake, these kids are rarely outdoors. They needed fresh air, sunshine and time away from their electronics. We needed time together as a family and to experience the gift of nature beyond our own garden.

I took them to Newtown's Holcombe Preserve. Every time we passed someone, my husband said, "Look! Other families go outside and hike." Oh bother. It is a beautiful location. I had been there by myself prior to breaking my leg and was anxious to get back. The photo below was taken along one of the trails. There are fantastic trails and beautiful trees on the grounds. I will admit to overdoing it - it was a slow walk back to the car, but a great day outside with the family.

“If, then, I were asked for the most important advice I could give, that which I considered to be the most useful to the men of our century, I should simply say: in the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” Leo Tolstoy

Whether with family, friends or alone in meditation, I hope you are making time to stop and simply enjoy God's gifts in your life.

Blessings.

Today's Photo: The Nature of His Gifts



"God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well." Voltaire







EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 100
98mm
f2.8
1/750s




No comments:

Post a Comment