Tuesday, May 5, 2015

365 Project - Day 186

"Give, but give until it hurts." Mother Theresa

Today is Give Local America - National Giving Day! A few days ago, one of the nonprofit organizations with whom I work asked for my assistance in final marketing preparations for today's events. It was a terrific opportunity for me to learn more about Give Local America and to set aside dedicated time to pull together 7-8 ideas for an organization I am devoted to helping. While they are not active on social media, the Give Local teams are and I promised I would do my part to drum up support with my small circle of friends on Facebook and Twitter. Watching the excitement around today's giving has been exhilarating. Giving feels great!

During dinner this evening, I asked my teen boys to join me in participating by each giving $10 to a charitable organization of their choosing. They looked up Give Local Greater Waterbury & Litchfield Hills, our local organization on their individual computers, immediately went to the Arts & Culture category and both chose to give to the Waterbury Palace Theatre. Later this month, my older son will walk his first red carpet at the Palace Theatre as a finalist in the Connecticut Student Film Festival. For the past few years, we have been to the Palace Theatre to celebrate our Newtown High School (NHS) Drama Group's participation in the CT High School Musical Theatre Awards (CTHSMTA) and my son joined his NHS colleagues and Broadway stars at the Palace Theatre in 2013 for From Broadway with Love - A Benefit Concert for Sandy Hook. The Palace Theatre has and continues to play a central role in our artistic lives. It is a beautiful theatre and we are fortunate to enjoy it so often.

I took the photo below during the Regional Center for the Arts (RCA) production of Titanic. We had several friends performing in the show. RCA is always one of the favorites for the upcoming CTHSMTA. This was my first time seeing one of their shows. Their theatre is small and intimate, allowing me to use just my "nifty fifty" lens. And, the kids were fantastic.

Today's Photo: The Gift of the Arts


"No one has ever become poor by giving." Anne Frank





EXIF: Nikon D7100
ISO 400
50mm
f2.4
1/90




No comments:

Post a Comment